Post pictures of your storagenode rig(s)

If you would like you can edit your post and add pictures :slight_smile:

Welcome to the forum :slight_smile:

Sweet setup. Are you thinking of expanding your storage ?

Well this beast Dell R710 (total cost 150. US) has been very reliable to me as it was used for StorageShare for a couple of years and as of few months ago it has been on Storgenode servitude, it has 2x5670 xeons 24 gigs of ram and h700 1 gig perc with cashcade using two ssd sas OS Widows 10 pro (yes better the known enemy than the unknown enemy) and node are running on two 3TB sas drives on (Risky) Raid0 hah with a 1500va cyber power ups only about 25 minutes of run time and that includes all the network equipment with business class gig speed internet with static ip (1g5l22s)

5 Likes

50TB ready to roll :slight_smile: Where do I get more auth codes?

5 Likes

Same way you got your first. Tokens to same email are sent every 24 hours. Also if you use your first token only then you get new token on same email else you will get same token the second time.

Supermicro :+1:
My server looks the same.

I submitted with the same and a new email over 72h ago.

Yes, the wait-list is getting backed up a bit I think… Ever since beta 2 it seems. It is good for the network I guess.

please open a support request at our helpdesk listing the email addresses you requested auth tokens with.

2 servers. Both 8GB RAM, Xeon. One is 2TB, The other is only 1TB. One of the servers (The one with the external hard drive on top) is my home server.

Kind of a mess… Still a work in progress!

4 Likes

Directly in their own data center on a cabinet
Two way E5
16GB
2*6TB
80 nodes in total

10 Likes

Rack-Closet.
This is a few months back while setting this up. I’ve got two SA120 enclosures, one with SAS and another one with SATA, about 72TB in total.

My storage closet is also running an SSD-FC-SAN with 16x250GB SSDs - 4x8Gigabit to my ESXi nodes, and a HP LTO6 FC tape drive for various backups.

All feed with dual ISPs, one Fiber 1G/1G and a backups of 500/100. SAN is mostly brocade and networking is 100% Juniper including vSRX for Firewalls

4 Likes

HP ml350 G6 old machine doing its job
Fans running Little fast for workload but its old so i just have to live with it.
Also have to add that storj has paid the electricity bill for this machine every month. Cheers STORJ

Also running a vm with OMV on it

Raspberry Pi 2 usb connected 1TB HDD

4 Likes

We Are also Here ! :blush:
In the aluminium storage case: 2x 12tb WD Gold simply SATA attached to my mini-desktop (i7-4790T, 16gb RAM, right side).
Connected in the south french side (France frontier) of Belgium to 2x VDSL2+ ~85/15 & ~90/30 lines
Apologies for dust which escaped to my cloth.
Includes artefacts to protect the nodes & me. :sweat_smile:

Also, please DO NOT TOUCH THAT BUTTON. Merci.

Extra: looks like this inside (commercial pic).

6 Likes

Who said than only software developers can build for Storj, industrial SNO also can build something for Storj :slight_smile:

Here is first prototype of Capacitor-1
I was inspired by BackBlaze storage pods and completely redesigned it for Storj/Tardigrade. Tardigrader-1 is designed for 1,2PB capacity, has efficient power supplies (Platinum level), an absolutely new colling system that keeps drives cool and produce low noise as much as possible (it can be used at HOME!)
It my last build of this year, but on the new year I will have something new for other SNO’s :wink:

12 Likes

Can you edit & add which brands and capacities comprise those 1.2PB :heart_eyes: ?

Sure, it designed for 60x20TB HDD

I love the blue case.

Heres my windows Node and my Free dell Node One of these days ill get a legit server rack.

5 Likes

hope those drives are 12 Gbps sas

My 30TB Node
Using Surviliance Low spin HDDs 150W power only

4 Likes