Post pictures of your storagenode rig(s)

I just fed my Synology DS3617xs a new 12TB drive. Running some diagnostics first to make sure it’s not a DOA before expanding the array with it. Keep them bytes coming!

Ps. Storj is ALMOST paying for this HDD. Unfortunately Storj value dropped a little. But I’m sure december payouts will cover the rest. Thanks Storjlabs! From now on the data I share is on your dime. :wink:

Edit: Pic was previously posted here

4 Likes

Did you post pics as well?

Cool. If I recall correctly >20TB is not recommended or did I miss anything?

Based on I/O for v3 a NES would do fine

Each hdd is separate node. As recomended, if hdd die, i will only loose 1hdd data.

Would be interesting to know the model as well. Do you have 60 cpus as well?

why need so much?
each pc has 4 core processor and 4 nodes for 1 pc

Are you talking threads or cpu cores? Cause 60 cpu cores is way over kill actually both would be overkill for running nodes less your running 60nodes on a single server.

Thx for that, good luck

The servers running the storage node cluster are in the middle. There are 2x2 node Supermicro FatTwins resulting in 4 server nodes total, each with 4x10Gb networking. The back shows it a bit clearer. 6 HDD bays for each server. The volume storage cluster is running Ceph for storage in a 3+1 EC configuration with a host level failure domain. VMs are hosted on 3x replicated SSD storage again with host level failure domains. This lets me patch the hypervisor and Ceph nodes (hyperconverged, so they are the same) without interrupting the storage subsystem, just reduces the tolerance for failure during maintenance windows. There is a 3000VA UPS in the bottom of the rack. This runs my homelab and parts of the house infrastructure that I want fault tolerance for as well as for Storj. Separate internet connections (separate cable (600/30) and dsl (150/40) internet connections) with my edge firewall handing failover and DDNS updates should either go connection go down for any reason. Keeps customer data as accessible as possible from an Internet outage.

The cluster storage itself is made up of HDDs that I have accumulated over the years from homelab upgrades. Moving to this setup a while ago has let me utilize all of those HDDs, from 3TB to 8TB disks with even total capacity spread across all 4 nodes, each containing 28 TB of raw capacity, 72 usable after formatting and Ceph EC. 40TB is advertised out of this cluster for Storj.

Also have a similarly sized deployment in another location but with 120TB of advertised capacity that is also used for some other projects of mine.

5 Likes

Not superior server parts storagenode, just my easy and small home setup which is being used as NAS, with Win 10 Pro, 1x256 SSD 1X4TB 2x3TB 2x1TB(6/6 drives capacity), 4 cores Celeron J4105 with about 10W max power consumption, on 600/60 optic fibre connection. As box is in living room i had to disconnect HDD led form case, as it’s flashing was crazy.
Plan is change oldest 1TB drives for some newer and bigger, and especially for storj availaibility there will come some power backup soon.

5 Likes

At first it looked like a microwave😀
Love the low watts

2 Likes

yes lot of people see microwave :smiley: I wanted something unconventional other color option for this great small case is full black, for homemade NAS one of best possible cpu/mobo in my opinion

Cudos for juniper and arista

1 Like

I was trying to set up a FileCoin node but the communications were really spotty, so I found Storj and decided to try to be a SNO using:

• Ubuntu Linux 18.0.4 (on 20 GB partition - 60 GB KingDian SSD)
  • Windows 10 (on 40 GB partition for testing only)
  • X370 Gigabyte motherboard - AB350M-DS3H
  • Ryzen 5 1600 six core - 12 thread CPU @4 GHz
  • 2x16 GB DDR4 DRAM (G.Skill Flare-X)
  • Western Digital 10 TB HDD (WD100EFAX 5400 RPM Class SATA 6Gb/s 256MB Cache) for Storj exclusively
  • ATT Gigaspeed fiber (1 Gbps up/1 Gbps down) no limit

Rig draws 55 watts (without Monero miner running)
Previously I had used this rig to run multiple AMD Vega 56 GPUs for Monero mining.
In November 2019 Monero changed their algorithm to RandomX so I converted this to RandomX CPU mining.
Today the CPU uses 4 cores (8 threads) dedicated to Monero mining with XMRig 5.5.0 @ 4KH/s @ 65 watts
Storj uses a fraction of the CPU (2 cores/4 threads mostly idling)
I typically use Titanium rated power supplies running at 240 volts - but this rig draws very little power and I will install a smaller PSU when I have a chance to swap it.

5 Likes

I just wanna say welcome. To being a SNO
Also as you know its not always wise to run a mining rig and a storage node together in case of any instability you have a higher chance to brick a node and loose all data and or get DQ incase the system crashes. When uptime becomes enabled for nodes again.

1 Like

He sayd that it was as Rig, but will be a node.

1 Like

你真棒!我也想参与,求链接,或者教程,谢谢!

1 Like

Currently, a Proliant Microserver G8 to start with.

1 Like

jag förstår inte vad du s