Qnap and STORJ_1.1.0

Hi guys i have a TS-879 pro and i just installed storj 1.1.0 on it
i did all the settings (port, id, and what not) and when i hit start it did not work.
i checked container station for the log and this is what i found

2020-12-12T18:25:28.253Z INFO Operator email {“Address”: “xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx”}
2020-12-12T18:25:28.253Z INFO Operator wallet {“Address”: “xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx”}
Error: Error starting master database on storagenode: group:
— stat config/storage/blobs: no such file or directory
— stat config/storage/temp: no such file or directory
— stat config/storage/garbage: no such file or directory
— stat config/storage/trash: no such file or directory

i did find this in the forums but it was not for qnap so there was no way for me to use the info within my skill range.

if anyone can help fix this in qnap/container station i would appreciate it

3 Likes

I believe you need to start with

docker run --rm -e SETUP=“true”
–mount type=bind,source=“”,destination=/app/identity
–mount type=bind,source=“”,destination=/app/config
–name storagenode storjlabs/storagenode:latest

2 Likes

i did see something like that, the problem i have is i don’t know where to input that. this is the 1st time using container station, and the app has nowhere to put that info that i can see.

one more thing the container diapers when i turn off the qnap app and i cant edit the container when its running.

You probably will need to ssh into your nas and do it manually instead because the app hasnt been updated to handle this yet.

1 Like

man your fast, you replied before i can edit my post lol. ill look up how to do that later when im home thx for the info and ill bug you some more if i cant get it working lol

Should be a simple fix. Once you do the setup you should be able to run on the nas though the app.

1 Like

Hi everyone, I have the same problem. I bought a QNAP TS-431P3. In the meantime I’ve tried everything without finding a solution. How do I connect to the Storge Node via SSH? Because when I connect there is a menu. And when I exit the menu, I cannot enter the commands correctly. storj 1.1.0
2021-03-13T22: 02: 02.852Z INFO Operator email {“Address”: “luck******@gmx.**”}
2021-03-13T22: 02: 02.852Z INFO Operator wallet {“Address”: "0x ***** 33bc ***** 6ad ****************** ********* "}
Error: Error starting master database on storagenode: group:
— stat config / storage / blobs: no such file or directory
— stat config / storage / temp: no such file or directory
— stat config / storage / garbage: no such file or directory
— stat config / storage / trash: no such file or directory

The container starts and stops all the time.
I would be happy to receive instructions on how to pass the commands via ssh.

docker run --rm -e SETUP = “true”
–Mount type = bind, source = “”, destination = / app / identity
–Mount type = bind, source = “”, destination = / app / config
–Name storagenode storjlabs / storagenode: latest

Thank you

1 Like

Hello @Luckymaster,
Welcome to the forum!

Have you tried their KB article?

Also, you need to fill parameters in your docker run with your actual paths to the data and identity.

1 Like

Hi Alexey, I need more help at the point when I’m in the console Putty. When and in which directory do I have to enter which command? I am only familiar with the Windows DOS environment.
I have the console open and quit the menu.
Now I am here:
[~] #

1 Like

Hey after seting it up I found out that you can just download the container manually, start it and it will create everything you need. Then stop the container move the I’d file from you pc into the proper folder. Then when you start the qnap app it will use all the files and folders of the container that you download manually. Just make sure you use the same paths.

I’m in a hurry so hopefully you get what I’m saying.

1 Like

Try to found paths

docker inspect storjlabsSnContainer -f '{{.Mounts}}'

Use the same paths for /app/config instead of <storage-dir> and for /app/identity instead of <identity-dir> mapping in the setup command

docker run --rm -e SETUP="true" \
    --mount type=bind,source="<identity-dir>",destination=/app/identity \
    --mount type=bind,source="<storage-dir>",destination=/app/config \
    --name storagenode storjlabs/storagenode:latest

So it worked out? Are you still on the QNAP TS-431K ?

docker run --rm -e SETUP=“true” \

–mount type=bind,source=“/share/Storj/Identity/storagenode /app/identity”,destination=/app/identity
–mount type=bind,source=“/share/Public/speicher /app/config”,destination=/app/config
–name storagenode storjlabs/storagenode:latest
docker: Error response from daemon: invalid mount config for type “bind”: bind source path does not exist: /sha re/Storj/Identity/storagenode /app/identity.
See ‘docker run --help’.

Unfortunately this error comes

Unfortunately it does not work. I have the Qnap TS-431P3

I was happy too soon. There are other bugs. What can I do now?

2021-03-14T20:08:45.671Z ERROR contact:service ping satellite failed {“Satellite ID”: “12rfG3sh9NCWiX3ivPjq2HtdLmbqCrvHVEzJubnzFz
osMuawymB”, “attempts”: 2, “error”: “ping satellite error: failed to dial storage node (ID: 12JPMyPw44YAC9DaGhx87HfjTaGxCLLnpsdWBaGWcCxaLaQq
Zdt) at address ts-431p3.myddns.me:28967: rpc: tls peer certificate verification error: not signed by any CA in the whitelist: CA cert”, “er
rorVerbose”: “ping satellite error: failed to dial storage node (ID: 12JPMyPw44YAC9DaGhx87HfjTaGxCLLnpsdWBaGWcCxaLaQqZdt) at address ts-431p
3.myddns.me:28967: rpc: tls peer certificate verification error: not signed by any CA in the whitelist: CA cert\n\tstorj.io/storj/storagenod
e/contact.(*Service).pingSatelliteOnce:141\n\tstorj.io/storj/storagenode/contact.(*Service).pingSatellite:95\n\tstorj.io/storj/storagenode/c
ontact.(*Chore).updateCycles.func1:87\n\tstorj.io/common/sync2.(*Cycle).Run:92\n\tstorj.io/common/sync2.(*Cycle).Start.func1:71\n\tgolang.or
g/x/sync/errgroup.(*Group).Go.func1:57”}

check what @isorage did, he got the same model and I think he made it work.

It should be:

docker run --rm -e SETUP="true" \
--mount type=bind,source="/share/Storj/Identity/storagenode",destination=/app/identity \
--mount type=bind,source="/share/Public/speicher",destination=/app/config \
--name storagenode storjlabs/storagenode:latest

Please, sign the identity with authorization token: Step 5. Create an Identity - Storj Docs

Next error :unamused:

Error: piecestore monitor: error verifying location and/or readability of storage directory: node ID in file (12JPMyPw44YAC9DaGhx87HfjTaGxCL
LnpsdWBaGWcCxaLaQqZdt) does not match running node’s ID (1aqPDwxtcabUCGPapsRbJ22G6MMMvrQdgCHjC8gqWNZjyGPVVy)

If you created a new identity (and thus - new NodeID), then you need to

1. Remove or rename config.yaml in the storage location
  2. Run the setup step again (please, use the same paths as in your container):