QUIC Misconfigured v1.72.5

Setup a node last night. I have status online, bandwidth usage is incrimenting and there’s some storage filled but I get QUIC Misconfigured in UI. 28967 is open tcp/udp on router but port checker says fail. ISP does not block the port. I have 15001 14001 9701 9601 open and working. No errors on logs but I do see message New version is being rolled out but hasn’t made it to this node yet. I’ve tried Ctrl F5 but that didn’t help. Stopped containers, rebooted and restarted both pc and router but still same. I have a static IP and hasn’t changed in a couple years but I set up duckdns anyway. OS linux Any suggestions?

Hi, you just need to open port 28967 in your router for your storagenode. You need 28967 TCP, but 28967 UDP is optional.

Can you post your docker run command?

1 Like

If your node is offline, then you need to fix this error first:

Please make sure that you allowed both TCP and UDP in the firewall too.
And the docker run command should have port mapping for both TCP and UDP, see also Step 4. Configure QUIC - Storj Docs

1 Like

Port says closed. I have set the port to open same as the other ports that do work. Do you think my issue is with my router? I use EERO which does not have a gui. so 192.168.x.x doesn’t work for me. I can only open ports through the app EERO provides. That means I can’t open the port on NAT. Are you aware of others being able to use this router? I did a search and I’m the only one that pops up with an EERO.

Your node will work with just TCP however, if you want QUIC to function right, your port forwarding has to include UDP. Sounds like somewhere you have it only forwarding TCP and not UDP. You will need to restart the node whenever you make a change because it only checks QUIC at start up.

1 Like

I’ve rebooted several times but no luck. I’m thinking it might be because I can not port forward on nat?

Well is it saying it is working but only QUIC is misconfigured? If that is the case, you are port forwarding your TCP port, otherwise it wouldn’t work at all. So, you need to do the same with the UDP port. Same number, just need both TCP and UDP.

Does node’s dashboard shows “offline”? If yes - then you need to fix that.
If you did port forwarding with this app for the needed port (28967 TCP and UDP), make sure that you provided your public IP (or DDNS hostname) with port 28967 in your -e ADDRESS option in the docker run command, i.e.

docker run -d ...\
-p 28967:28967/tcp \
-p 28967:28967/udp \
-e ADDRESS=your.external.address:28967 \
storjlabs/storagenode:latest

I found this article for your router:

1 Like

Status shows online

So, only UDP is not working. Then you need to check your docker run command, it should have both ports mapped, -p 28967:28967/tcp -p 28967:28967/udp and your firewall - it should have two rules to allow connections to 28967 TCP and 28967 UDP.
Please also take a look on

I’ve opened all these ports and they all work except 28967

It works, if your dashboard shows your node as online. The only UDP doesn’t work. If you have a firewall enabled on your PC/NAS, please add an inbound rule for 28967 UDP port.

You don’t need to forward all those ports unless you have some reason to access them publicly. The only port that needs port forward is the 28967 port. It looks like you have both forwarding correctly from the router, so I would follow Alexey’s advice and check your docker and if you have a firewall. Something is blocking your UDP port but not your TCP.

3 Likes

It looks like you’re using 15001 as the external port for your container. Not sure why you did that, but in that case you should enable UDP forwarding for that port.

3 Likes

Looks like that was it! Thank you!!

1 Like

@Knowledge @BrightSilence @sembeth @Alexey so far so good after allowing udp for port 15001. Thank you all for your help!

3 Likes

By the way, it’s not recommended to publish your dashboard’s port (14002), use this method instead: How to remote access the web dashboard - Storj Node Operator Docs or [Tech Preview] Multinode Dashboard Binaries or Multinode Dashboard Docker image.

2 Likes

ahh… great thank you!

1 Like