Trash does not go away in 7 days

hello.

Last week they deleted a lot, it has been 7 days but they have not freed up the space.

Has anyone else noticed?

1 Like
1 Like

today is the 23rd

those calculations are not fulfilled

Are you running v1.101? If yes, then they are deleted:

/mnt/node16/storagenode/storage/trash/pmw6tvzmf2jv6giyybmmvl4o2ahqlaldsaeha4yx74n5aaaaaaaa:
total 0

/mnt/node16/storagenode/storage/trash/qstuylguhrn2ozjv4h2c6xpxykd622gtgurhql2k7k75wqaaaaaa:
total 20K
drwx------ 1026 node16 node16 20K Apr 18 04:38 2024-04-18

/mnt/node16/storagenode/storage/trash/ukfu6bhbboxilvt7jrwlqk7y2tapb5d2r2tsmj2sjxvw5qaaaaaa:
total 20K
drwx------ 1026 node16 node16 20K Apr 22 05:46 2024-04-22

/mnt/node16/storagenode/storage/trash/v4weeab67sbgvnbwd5z7tweqsqqun7qox2agpbxy44mqqaaaaaaa:
total 0

hello.
I have many nodes, all in 1,101.3 and some in 1.102.3

Hello @luco_mtb,
Welcome to the forum!

Please check your assumptions:

I use docker on Ubuntu

Yes, I can confirm that. I checked my nodes’s trash today and found a few directories named 2024-04-14. Some of them contain only empty directories, but some have directories with files. Also, many nodes still have directories named “2024-04-16”. Using Ubuntu, docker, 1.101.3

1 Like

@Alexey how safe is to delete old directory manually (for example 2024-04-12, 2024-04-13)?

Discussed here…

i think it was about temp not trash ?

It has a link to go here…

Which links to here…

hello again.

I don’t know why you think I don’t read the rest of the forum.

I want to know if they are aware that the space is not being freed from trash and how they are going to solve it.

with an update?. the problem is real

1 Like

I just checked all of my nodes and the oldest date folder is 2024-04-18 on most of them. Some don’t even have that.

Running on baremetal Linux.

I was responding to vladro’s question. As to the main question, I would check the logs to see if there are any errors thrown when it tries to delete the data.

1 Like

It’s not safe, your node can be disqualified if the satellite will request to restore these pieces then audit them.
Pease do not empty the trash manually.

@vladro @Andrew Please run a script above and present a result instead.

1 Like

Then you can run the script for bash against your data location:

one of example

I think I’ve figured out what everyone is talking about. Everyone is looking for files in the trash folders that are older than 7 days.

We aren’t interested at all in that. When files get put in trash, they are simply moved from one folder to another. That does not change the file’s creation date. Meaning a file that was created on 1/1/22 (ie uploaded by a client on that date) will come up in trash folder 2024-04-25 because that’s when it was finally seen as “to be deleted”. The client has no further need for this file and was picked up by blooms, moved over etc. That does not mean that trash doesn’t delete files older than 7 days.

What we are interested is if there are date folders older than 7 days in any of the satellite subfolders. What they contain is irrelevant. That’s where the conversation needs to focus.

6 Likes

You need to use -8 to see not what is under the condition, but what’s out of the condition. In this case - older than 7 days, i.e. 8.

yes, but it changes the modification and access dates. These scripts are checking the modification date, not the creation date.