Unable to install Windows GUI with existing data

This work too, but a bit risky, unless you blocked the storagenode’s network on that time.

I stopped the service immediately after setup finished :slight_smile:

Hi all,
I’ve reinstalled Windows and I am attempting to install Storj node using same identity folder and data folder (which obviously contains data).

I get the following error during installation:

I’m using msi installer and so far I’ve tried version 1.13.1 and 1.12.3

I would appreciate any help I can get as I’d like to bring my no

Try version 1.9.5. Others have a bug that is not fixed yet.

1 Like

Thanks, this solved the problem

1 Like

Getting error that says Failed to start, verify that you have sufficient privileges. Help?

|2020-09-27T11:33:13.989-0700|ERROR|Invalid configuration.|{“error”: “invalid contact.external-address: split host-port “vegabear.ddns.net” failed: address vegabear.ddns.net: missing port in address”, “errorVerbose”:

and a whole buncha other stuff.

delete the file, try again and add :28967

You installed 1.9.5 to get past the bug.
Did it update to the latest release yet?
I recall old versions not being able to connect or something.

Can someone link to or explain how to view storj windows logs to see why node won’t come online?
How to verify port is ready too?

I just had to do a clean install for my Windows 10 PC since the computer was too slow to operate my regular work. My Storj data are safe in another drive. I get this error message saying “hmmm…can’t reach this page” My port for 28967 seems to be closed too. I downloaded DUC from noip.com. I checked the config.yaml file and checked my router setting but the problem resists. I successfully installed the dashboard for GUI with previous version of the installation file It has been 3 days since I am not able to be online. Please help me resolve this error.

Everyone that was unable to install the Windows node with existing data, please read this:

i just downloaded the latest storanode.msi file and installed it.
Problem solved!

1 Like

A post was split to a new topic: Node offline after abruptly restart of PC