Updates on Test Data

Did someone ever defined what “fast” really is?

Because as for now, i still saw max 200mbit per node and no bottleneck on node side.

2 Likes

Nodes that respond to client’s request for files … faster.

1 Like

You mean just fast or really fast? ;>

1 Like

You now may use the benchmark tool, which is closely emulate storagenode:

This is how a big beautiful donut looks like.
Does yours looks like this?

2 Likes

@littleskunk can we(=you) also test a /16 rule instead of /24?

not quietly, one of the nodes seems removed the trash

To break the oftopic:

I noticed my energy consumtion in the test time (last month) went 20% up to beginning of the year. (says my ups.)
however can someone confirm this, to rule out my usage pattern changed (i do not beleave this)

The entire host system (disk, cpu, ram,) is working harder, not so unreasonable for power usage to go up.

2 Likes

FYI, I posted a new announcement related to this thread. Storj Network Growth Plan

9 Likes

A significant amount of defunct customer data is being planned to be removed as early as this weekend. The majority on EU1. As I understand it, these were free accounts that did not transition to paid after several months of being locked down.

Some SNO’s may see a lot of data being deleted. It is important to note that this is not the same data that is being used on the Salt Lake servers and is not part of the ongoing testing.

13 Likes

Thank you for letting us know :slight_smile:

4 Likes

@littleskunk If ttl will hit file in trash, what will happen? will it be deleted by file walker from trash?
because i have trash real size 150GB but it show on dashboard 900GB
will file size will subtracted from trash size?

If you delete file with TTL it will go to trash. but file steel have TTL

2 Likes

You create a file with 1 month TTL. After 1 month, it gets expired and is deleted without being moved to trash.

You create a file with 1 month TTL. You decide after 3 days you don’t need it, you delete it. It gets moved to trash and deleted after the trash-cleanup runs.

7 Likes

What happens if you create a file with one month TTL and delete it after 29 days, 23 hours, 59 seconds? Will it exceed the TTL sitting in trash?

I would assume so. I don’t think the developer would have accounted for that extreme scenario by having the piece expiry scanning trash as well.

Edit: scanning=checking the database for expiry and check if the file is in trash

Can we get any ballpark figures to go with that?

1 Like

How could it be in trash? Isn’t a bloom filter required to trash a deleted file? :thinking:

easily can go to trash, client reuploaded file with same name, same location, old will go to trash.
This also happened with test data.

2 Likes