Us2 beta with filezilla

Let’s keep this thread focused, I’ll pop into that other thread and comment.

1 Like

And it is still correct that Tardigrade via gateway is not possible with the Free Filezilla version, yes?
Just because either I am doing something wrong or it is not working.

Per my understanding gateway won’t be offered in free FileZilla as its an S3 connector. If they enabled it you would be able to use it to bypass buying the free version for all S3 compatible services. If you want to connect to S3 gateways (ours or any) you would need to buy pro.

Ok. I just wanted to make sure.
But maybe it should be made clear somewhere as I see customers trying the gateway and failing.

2 Likes

Does this also mean that multipart will not be able for Filezilla free?
If so then it also require information for potential customers what limited set of features usage of the free version is tied to.

1 Like

Correct multipart is an S3 concept. Love the idea for a feature list between tiers for the FileZilla documentation.

Found this (Filezilla Free)

1. Create new bucket
  2. Upload a file
  3. Cancel upload some time while uploading
  4. Observe filename appears in remote bucket
  5. Exit remote bucket
  6. Return into remote bucket
  7. Observe, Result: Bucket appears as empty
  8. Exit bucket
  9. Try to delete bucket.

Reproducible result (tried 2 times so far) : Bucket cannot be deleted. Error message: Failed to remove bucket, bucket not empty

2 Likes

Please, try to use an AWS CLI with gateway keys for this project (replace profile and bucket to yours):

aws --profile gw-mt-us2 --endpoint https://gateway.tardigradeshare.io s3api list-multipart-uploads --bucket filezilla-test

I wasn’t looking for a solution, it was considered a bug report. The reported issue will happen to Filezilla users for sure and they will have no idea how to get such a bucket deleted.

Yes, and I asking you for help to find a root cause. I just unable to reproduce it and I think it could be related to multipart uploads.

You cannot reproduce it?

No, maybe I do something differently than you. Maybe file should be big enough, I do not know

Are you on Filezilla free or pro?

FileZilla Free 3.53.0

Let me try if I still can reproduce it.

And please, specify the size of the file. It could be related.

I could easily reproduce it

07:08:19	Command:	rmbucket "test2"
07:08:19	Error:	Failed to remove bucket: uplink: bucket not empty ("test2")

I tried multiple times and finally found how to reproduce - you need to have a big file. I reproduced on 300MB file.
And it uses multipart

aws --profile gw-mt-us2 --endpoint https://gateway.tardigradeshare.io s3api list-multipart-uploads --bucket test
{
    "Uploads": [
        {
            "UploadId": "E84Lz7x5r5EhfX9437KuFSu9TGRxpWNZu5rGL4YCcLwDUAsAxhjwuiuF6zYoocaL7WtyfEsqy86L92mEbzxvYsZN8RJ6879rvmMRf4AAFWPDSpSW3EAogzRxZUdRz7CSyt1L1j34VivohRLJRXYD3ioNZMajVx6Q5mAYiWv48ZEx1vsndzZuXJNcccgT7qRkGAJvVz2LNQcJL1EXti4p8G1WW7EudwRJR5YvkjQ6oMKUFF",
            "Key": "2018-11-13-raspbian-stretch-lite.zip",
            "Initiated": "2021-03-26T06:14:46.059Z",
            "StorageClass": "",
            "Owner": {
                "DisplayName": "",
                "ID": ""
            },
            "Initiator": {
                "ID": "",
                "DisplayName": ""
            }
        }
    ]
}

Good. I just checked my file is only 67 MB.

It’s bigger than a one segment (64MB).
The problem is that you can remove the part only with AWS CLI at the moment, or use uplink --access us2 rb --force sj://test
The other way - is to let it to finish the upload.

With AWS CLI

aws --profile gw-mt-us2 --endpoint https://gateway.tardigradeshare.io s3api abort-multipart-upload --bucket test --key 2018-11-13-raspbian-stretch-lite.zip --upload-id E84Lz7x5r5EhfX9437KuFSu9TGRxpWNZu5rGL4YCcLwDUAsAxhjwuiuF6zYoocaL7WtyfEsqy86L92mEbzxvYsZN8RJ6879rvmMRf4AAFWPDSpSW3EAogzRxZUdRz7CSyt1L1j34VivohRLJRXYD3ioNZMajVx6Q5mAYiWv48ZEx1vsndzZuXJNcccgT7qRkGAJvVz2LNQcJL1EXti4p8G1WW7EudwRJR5YvkjQ6oMKUFF
aws --profile gw-mt-us2 --endpoint https://gateway.tardigradeshare.io s3api list-multipart-uploads --bucket test
(empty output)

Now I’m able to remove a bucket from FZ