Win GUI Storj Node Toolbox

For questions regarding the Storj-Node-Toolbox, please ask in the relevant topic.

1 Like

thanks for the redirect BrightSilence!

And finaly New version, I added Additional windows GUI node instalation.
If you already have Win gui node and more spare HDDs then this tool is for you.
Just add data, press the button and all will be done.

So just add HDD and this is so simple.

3 Likes

Can you please tell a little more about how this works? Is there any risk connected to doing it? (other than the obvious storj limitations for multiple nodes on 1 machineā€¦)

there is some risk if you make it wrong way, like use same indentity or same HDD.

Is there something I should do besides entering relevant ports for my node? Iā€™m running this from a Windows machine, while the node is on a different system within the same network. The nide-system runs Ubuntu. The tool show that the node is offline (the service is not running) but itā€™s in fact running. I didnā€™t specify the path to logs because I havenā€™t set that up (output of logs to a file, that is)

Hereā€™s a screenshot.

you can get service status only on same machine, and windows only. On remote machine you can use only Get audits.

1 Like

Ah, thanks. Thatā€™s all I needed, but still was wondering if it was a bug or just me being dumb.

New version of toolbox.
Aded Basic trobleshooting function

1. Match your config ip and your external real ip
  2. Check firewall off, or added port exeption on windows firewall
  3. check if your indetity has 6 files, that mean that it is signed.

if someone have idea, what and how we can trobleshoot more, let me know.

1 Like

@twl can you test my basic trobleshooting in toolbox?
for win gui it test most of this what it needed. but also need to add some test more.

Will do once I get home.

But this will not help new users because they donā€™t have you toolbox

worked fine, tested on 2 nodes:

But this belongs in a separate thread or should be moved to your toolbox thread

what do you think about it? some additional checks?

You could incorporate your log file checker - if there are any bad values, the Troubleshooting script could show a warning ā€œCheck logsā€

you think about scanning log file, and search bad eerors? I thinked about stop node, archive logs, start node, and then scan logs, if there is error it will apear. If scan all logs, it take long time, and there can be old errors. But on other hand it can give answer why ws DQ or something like that.

There already IS log file analization in your toolbox, I mean you can just run this from the troubleshooter and show a warning if there are bad news in log file

OK good idea, but i think i need to add error list i discover. like host not found- dns problems
so there is lot of different errors, i need to make reserch here for log errors.
and may ba mke some sojestions how to fix it, may be even do some instrumets like database reindex.

when will there be an update? bc of the new ā€œcanceledā€ log entriesā€¦

And new version loaded to github.

1 Like

@Vadim Just downloaded your Storj Node Toolbox. Just what I was looking for!

1. Do you have any guide on how to use you Node Toolbox beside
    image ?

I have added my main node and now want to add new nodes, can I do everything around the new node inside the Storj Node Toolbox ? or is there any steps we have to do outside?

1. When I run Earnings Calculator the node stops. Any idea how to get around this ?

2. How do I generate more Auth Token ( invitation code ) ?