Windows installation help

You mean like this?

Yes. Please remove the left part include word "command: ".
The remaining part will be a full command

this?

Yes, but it looks like you didn’t remove the config.yaml prior to running it this time. Please do that first.

Alright, now we’re getting somewhere. There seem to be double slashes at the end of your config, identity and storage paths. Please remove all occurrences of these double slashes in paths.

Also are you running cmd as an administrator? If not, please do so.

Not dashes. I mean the \\ at the end or near the end of each path. I count 4 occurrences of those.
Btw, it would be more helpful if you copy the text instead of posting screenshots. And we don’t need everything after usage:

Oops. My bad.
2020/03/25 04:36:26 failed to check for file existence: CreateFile C:\Program Files\Storj\Storage Node" --identity-dir C:\Users\[Name]\AppData\Roaming\Storj\Identity\storagenode"\config.yaml: The filename, directory name, or volume label syntax is incorrect.

Could you include the command you’re using as well. Just copy command + error response, it’s fine to remove personal info.

“C:\Program Files\Storj\Storage Node\storagenode.exe” setup --config-dir “C:\Program Files\Storj\Storage Node” --identity-dir “C:\Users[Name]\AppData\Roaming\Storj\Identity\storagenode” --operator.email “[email]” --operator.wallet “[wallet]” --contact.external-address “strojstuff.ddns.net:28967” --storage.path “D:\storj” --storage.allocated-disk-space “.5 TB” --log.output “winfile:///C:\Program Files\Storj\Storage Node\storagenode.log”

2020/03/25 04:36:26 failed to check for file existence: CreateFile C:\Program Files\Storj\Storage Node" --identity-dir C:\Users[Name]\AppData\Roaming\Storj\Identity\storagenode"\config.yaml: The filename, directory name, or volume label syntax is incorrect.

Try leaving one of the slashes in at the end of the path

And please encapsulate what you paste in triple back ticks ```
Start and end with them, otherwise automatic markup will mess with the code you paste

so it should look like this in the post window:
```
Paste code here
```

Same thing happens.

"C:\Program Files\Storj\Storage Node\storagenode.exe" setup --config-dir "C:\Program Files\Storj\Storage Node\" --identity-dir "C:\Users\[Name]\AppData\Roaming\Storj\Identity\storagenode\" --operator.email "[email]" --operator.wallet "[wallet]" --contact.external-address "strojstuff.ddns.net:28967" --storage.path "D:\storj\" --storage.allocated-disk-space ".5 TB" --log.output "winfile:///C:\Program Files\Storj\Storage Node\\storagenode.log"
2020/03/25 05:12:45 failed to check for file existence: CreateFile C:\Program Files\Storj\Storage Node" --identity-dir C:\Users\[name]\AppData\Roaming\Storj\Identity\storagenode"\config.yaml: The filename, directory name, or volume label syntax is incorrect.

You still have a double slash near the end of the command, but I don’t think that’s your issue.

Perhaps something weird got copied in. Could you perhaps remove the config.yaml again and try copying the original command from the error again and just removing all 4 occurrences of these double slashes and then run it in cmd as administrator?

If that doesn’t help I’m kind of out of ideas.

You said “Try leaving one of the slashes in at the end of the path”, I thought that’s what you meant. Also the config.yaml has been deleted this entire time.

"C:\Program Files\Storj\Storage Node\storagenode.exe" setup --config-dir "C:\Program Files\Storj\Storage Node\" --identity-dir "C:\Users\[name]\AppData\Roaming\Storj\Identity\storagenode\" --operator.email "[email]" --operator.wallet "[wallet]" --contact.external-address "strojstuff.ddns.net:28967" --storage.path "D:\storj\" --storage.allocated-disk-space ".5 TB" --log.output "winfile:///C:\Program Files\Storj\Storage Node\storagenode.log"
2020/03/25 09:36:46 failed to check for file existence: CreateFile C:\Program Files\Storj\Storage Node" --identity-dir C:\Users\[name]\AppData\Roaming\Storj\Identity\storagenode"\config.yaml: The filename, directory name, or volume label syntax is incorrect.

Can you show result of this on powershell?

ls “C:\Program Files\Storj\Storage Node”

Have you tried reinstalling Storj GUI ?

i can’t install it at all

Which antivirus are you using?