Bandwidth utilization comparison thread

The node is 1 year and has this month been sharing the connection with a vetting node, but basically should be close to peak of what you could expect in ingress for this month…

Egress is difficult to predict, age certainly has a big factor, same with ingress…
the first 6 months of ingress was nada… also was lucky to get in at the last of the stress tests so got ingress sometimes at 300-400GB pr day… so might be a bit over what people should expect in a year… i think the estimates of yearly ingress atm is between 4 and 6TB

and earnings are about 4$ pr TB used, in optimal conditions.

1 Like

3 month mark today and have 650GB stored, vetted on 4 of 5. My ingress has slowed for the last few days, but follows SGC’s above graph.

There is talk of a lot of deletes occurring on older nodes, therefore freeing up space for their new ingress. So I think the customer data volume must still be the same, just spread over more writable nodes. This means we all see averagely less USAGE ingress data during the deletion times. My repair ingress is generally 1-2GB per day.

1 Like

yeah we did some tests a while back, ingress is under optimal condition or was at the time near perfectly distributed, so yeah your numbers looks like what i would expect.

usually the last satellites to be vetted will be the least active, so the ingress will get to like 60-80% around the same time the first satellite is vetted.

and then ingress is basically equal to whatever body else is seeing if running without issues.

egress then grows over time, usually a lot around the 6 month mark… but i’m sure that can be very random also… but usually ends at the 4$ pr tb stored avg… or mine did from the 6 month mark

2 Likes

I think it is the monthly deletion period. Companies that do backups will delete the old ones and I think that’s why thee is low ingress and high deletion. I’m still working on a kind of trend but I need to gather more data. If I would create a new thread would you guys will be willing to submit your monthly reports?

Let me know if there is enough interest I might have a closer look

2 Likes

Are you thinking what I’m thinking?
Storage utilization comparison thread?

3 Likes

WTF pumps storj?^^
Nice

1 Like

very good but please continue there

Yes I think I will. Today or Tomorrow I will create it with guide how to submit the data.
I will post a link to it than

I have two nodes, the first is a bit more than 6 month old:

The second is brand new, started on 1st, this month:

They are behind the same IP address, so not perfect setup from this point of view. Internet connection is 900/300 Mbit without limit.

It seems to me that ingress is matching others’ pattern, but egress is quite poor on the older node:

I have around 4% egress compared to stored data now, while it was around 8-10% in Dec-Jan.

Is it just me or a big delete happening?

Look at the disk space used? 8.5 TB stored in total… looks like it’s decreasing.

1 Like

answer is here.

2 Likes

I’m not on the latest one yet, still v1.24.4.
Today it did this :slight_smile:

Funny spike? …

1 Like

That occasionally happens. it compensates the next day hence for the spike. it averages out to the correct value.

1 Like

Cool thanks, never seen that before… but I’m also not watching the dashboard daily :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

I was going to ask about that, it doesn’t look accurate. It’s as if the points are taken only daily or something, and drastically out of sync.

yeah it’s something like that… on multiple levels, apparently it’s not really easy to fix from what i understand…
it updates like twice a day and then some days it overlapping with something else you you basically get no data for an entire day and then it pops up the next day… i think it happens maybe every quarter
and then a bit less inbetween.

i think it also has to do with if the satellites can keep up with the computation or not…

crappy graph thats for sure…

1 Like

In case it cannot be done due to the amount of data, then the only solution would be to average the graph over some period…

tried suggesting that many times…
maybe i just failed in explaining it right… but i’ve given up on that graph…

there is the ability on the forum to suggest feature requests for voting,
just saying in case you are interested in trying to get it fixed :smiley:

1 Like

Is that the one about TBm?

yeah i think i suggested something like that to fix it… seemed to make much better sense in my world…
think it got shot down.

didn’t really matter much to me, i’m just pissed off about how useless the graph actually is to me… i basically cannot think of a single thing i could or have used it for…
so whats the point in the thing lol

hope you have better luck…
i’m not going to throw more effort at it

1 Like