Can I disconnect the SN from the one satellite?

Is there already a way to disconnect the node from one satellite? n.p us2.storj.io

So that it is no longer in the web dashboard…

Hi @peem,
The ‘quick’ fix is to get the node disqualified from just a single satellite. You can do this by deleting the relevant data folder:

us2.storj.io 12tRQrMTWUWwzwGh18i7Fqs67kmdhH9t6aToeiwbo5mfS2rUmo

Although this may not be what you’re asking.

I just want to disappear from me that he was disqualified on one satellite …

Deleting the folder for that satellite will disqualify the node, but it won’t hide the satellite from the web dashboard.

You can host your own trusted satellite list and remove it from that list. Then it will disappear from the dashboard.

1 Like

How to do it? in which file is it?

You need your own webserver to host that file. Copy the original trusted satellite file from storj and remove us2

And this does not have one with a certificate … and it will not work without it (… x509: cannot validate certificate for …)
I will wait for the programmers to implement the possibility of choosing a satellite (soon TM)

Oh you need a valid certificate? Http does not work?
I shared it through my nextcloud instance so no problem with ssl :grin:

& 'C:\Program Files\Storj\Storage Node\storagenode.exe' setup --help | sls trust

--storage2.trust.cache-path string                         file path where trust lists should be cached (default
"C:\\Users\\USER\\AppData\\Roaming\\Storj\\Storagenode/trust-cache.json")
      --storage2.trust.exclusions trust-exclusions               list of trust exclusions
      --storage2.trust.refresh-interval duration                 how often the trust pool should be refreshed (default
6h0m0s)
      --storage2.trust.sources trust-sources                     list of trust sources (default
https://tardigrade.io/trusted-satellites)

Here is format for exclusion entry: storj/config_test.go at bd36a41a9ebe4d855ad654daf3856728e2796d98 · storj/storj · GitHub
You also can try to specify a file as a source or just list them all there in the storage2.trust.sources
But obviously you would not have automatic updates for such a list.

2 Likes

Full list of correctly formatted satellites can be found here https://www.storj.io/dcs-satellites

2 Likes

It worked fine :slight_smile:

I have linux/docker

Creation of ‘trust.txt’ with satellite addresses https://www.storj.io/dcs-satellites apart from the one I did not want (this SN disqualified), placing in the folder where ‘config.yaml’ is

and in the file ‘config.yaml’

# list of trust sources
storage2.trust.sources: config/trust.txt

and

docker restart -t 300 storagenode

before:

after:

3 Likes
# list of trust exclusions
storage2.trust.exclusions: "12tRQrMTWUWwzwGh18i7Fqs67kmdhH9t6aToeiwbo5mfS2rUmo@us2.storj.io:7777"

I would have appreciated a config with only the untrusted ones entered, as there may be new satellites coming in the future :artificial_satellite:

It also works … even better than my solution :wink:

1 Like

But how to add multiple exclusions? Doenst work with ; oder ,.

It’s a list, so probably [“first”, “second”]
Didn’t try however.

both will work, and the list in straight quotes without spaces and quoted items in square brackets.

I guess the normal YAML array should work too.

1 Like

Fantastic then it is , without space characters.

1 Like