Graceful Exit Guide

As long as we expect another payout on the same wallet address (graceful exit not on all satellites or multiple nodes) we will just send out the held amount as soon as the payout is high enough. If a node operator quits entirely we will send out the remaining balance even if it is below the threshold. It might just take a month longer than you might expect.

1 Like

@littleskunk then what I said is correct?

Maybe what’s not accurate is my next sentence:

If the SNO has several nodes, then it’s true the threshold still applies, as the wallet address is still linked to some sats’.

Anyways… :sweat_smile:
Just don’t stop SNOing :arrow_right: no problem… :grin:

This is no longer true as per JT’s posts as @Alexey quoted. Unless you use zksync, the threshold still applies. You might still get payout if the transaction fees drop.

This was changed in response to community feedback. People were complaining about not getting paid while nodes that got disqualified did. So the threshold is now universal for all L1 payouts including terminal accounts.

2 Likes

GE Error

I got this error. CMD run as admin. Node is over 15 months old.
Any suggestions or help?

Hello @virus0190 ,
Welcome to the forum!

Your disk with databases is too busy to respond. I would recommend to specify storage to 0B and storage2.monitor.minimum-disk-space: 0B for the node to prevent new uploads, then restart the service

net stop storagenode
net start storagenode

After that you can try again.

Thanks @Alexey, it worked

1 Like

@Alexey
Will it do one after the other?
Frist us2, then ap1… and so on?

If it is so, is it possible to change sequence?
I would like europe-north to be the first one.

Satellites should prepare the list of nodes for transfer pieces. The US2 finished first and thus your node transferred something. If you started them all - then your node would upload pieces in parallel.

A post was split to a new topic: How do I cancel the service?

4 posts were split to a new topic: A few days ago I started the graceful output of the third node, but the first node got emptied

I would like to know how I can configure these parameters.

graceful-exit.num-concurrent-transfers: 5

graceful-exit.num-workers: 4

I have Fiber with 300Mb upload. The router is from the fiber company, a brand name router is better quality.

To what value can I configure the parameters so that the output is faster?

What is the recommended configuration?

The recommended configuration is a default configuration.
All other - on your own. You have read a warning and should be aware that if your router/ISP is unable to process many parallel connections - your graceful exit could fail and your node will be disqualified in this case.
If you think that the risk is worth it - then go ahead.
You can change these parameters either in your config.yaml file or as a command-line option (useful for docker version of storagenode). For binary nodes (Windows GUI/Linux GUI/binary) it can be modified only in config.yaml. For Windows GUI the default location is "C:\Program Files\Storj\Storage Node\".
After you changed config.yaml, you need to save it and restart the storagenode.
For Windows GUI this can be done either from the Services applet, or from the elevated PowerShell:

Restart-Service storagenode

For docker nodes you need to stop and remove the container, then run it back with all your parameters, include changed ones.
After change is done - it’s better to monitor your logs for failed transfers, they should not be more than 5 times for each PieceID, otherwise such a transfer will considered as failed permanently. If the percentage of failed transfers will be greater than 10%, your node will be permanently disqualified on that satellite.

1 Like

I think it’s not worth the risk.

I think I’ll wait.

2 Likes

My node is up and running. However, I will be moving and my node will need to go offline for, possibly, up to a few weeks. Should I do a “graceful exit” or is there some other process?

Hi @holocronology
If you can keep the offline duration to just 12 days (288 hours) then your node can continue and shouldn’t suffer any long term issues as long as you keep it online as long as possible either side of the offline period. A graceful exit can take quite some time to complete so depending on how long until the node needs to go offline it may not complete the process.

3 Likes

@Stob is right, just wanted to add that the longer it is offline, the more data it will lose when it gets back online though, during the following couple of weeks.

Don’t get me wrong, it’s still better to lose part of the node’s data than being disqualified, but just be aware that offline = losing data :slight_smile:

2 Likes