My Node is OFFLINE for 2 hours

How long has your node been running?

my node is running for 37 hours since I recreated it with docker. I installed my instance one week ago and I never managed to make it work properly.
I tried “docker rm storagenode” and recreate it.
I tried some other solution I found in the forum with no success (did not match my problem 100% but why not test it)

I had an instance that was running for more than a month with the same ddns address. Would that be a problem?
My previous instance was installed on a vm on a dedicated disk that crashed.

Have you checked to see if your ports are open? If so, please send me your domain name and I’ll check it from here. Also, let me know your nodeid, and I’ll check to see if your node has been paused.

my port is open I tried it already : sfolly.internet-box.ch
my node id is 12r1j47HTF76mnQAKJfZ644Zi66NqX4EpkS2JeBVPsAK4ZfrqFm

Ok, I see your ports are open. I have asked the engineers for an updated file to check for your node being paused. As soon as I receive that, I’ll respond here and let you know. In the meantime, I’ll look over your log.

Your last contact is way too high. This usually happens when an identity is unsigned.

Please check the output of the following commands. They should be 2 and 3. If they are 1 and 2, your identity is unsigned and you should follow the corresponding steps from the instructions.

docker exec -it storagenode grep -c BEGIN /app/identity/ca.cert
docker exec -it storagenode grep -c BEGIN /app/identity/identity.cert
1 Like

I’m surprised the application even starts without a proper identity.

It doesn’t if it’s missing, but it seems the node doesn’t check the signature of its own identity or doesn’t care that it’s missing. It would be nice if it verifies the signature and throws a descriptive fatal error if it’s unsigned. That way it would never go under the radar for days.

1 Like

First line returns 1
Second line returns 2

I will follow the steps from the instruction.
Thanks

It seems to be OK now, it returns 2 and 3.
I followed all the steps from the beginning (I did it once before losing my data) :-/
Anyway, I am still human :-p

1 Like

It seems now is working! Didn’t do anything :roll_eyes:

UPDATE!
I have updated the node to the v0.21.1. It has worked for almost 15 mins and then it stopped showing “OFFLINE” again. :sleepy:

OFFLINE is not related with the last update.
This is mean that your node has a connectivity problems.
Check everything from the check-list:

1 Like

Everything is ok on my node but it is not working!!!
Please someone help me!! I have to come back online as soon as possible!!!

ok. Lets go through the list together.

1. Open the main page of your router and post the screenshot. Or write down the WAN IP
  2. Open the https://www.yougetsignal.com/tools/open-ports/ and post the screenshot or write down the public IP
  3. Copy the output of the command: nslookup your.ddns.address 8.8.8.8 (replace the your.ddns.address to your real DDNS address) or write down the received IP
  4. All three IPs must be the same. If the first two doesn’t match, the port forwarding will not work.
  5. Go to the port forwarding section of your router and post the screenshot
  6. Open terminal on your host and copy the output of the command: hostname -I
  7. Post your full docker run command.
  8. sudo ufw status

I’m not using the default Storj port, so I will indicate the port I chose with:
<MYCUSTOMPORT>

Result from yougetsignal.com:
Port < MYCUSTOMPORT> is open on 93.70.36.246.

Server:         8.8.8.8
Address:        8.8.8.8#53

Non-authoritative answer:
Name:   lucab.ddns.net
Address: 93.70.36.246

They are the same!

<MYCUSTOMPORT> is opened on my router and forwarded to the local IP of my Storage Node PC

192.168.1.5 172.17.0.1

sudo docker run -d --restart unless-stopped -p <MYCUSTOMPORT>:28967 \
    -p 14002:14002 \
    -e WALLET="<MYWALLETADDR>" \
    -e EMAIL="luca.berte98@hotmail.it" \
    -e ADDRESS="lucab.ddns.net:<MYCUSTOMPORT>" \
    -e BANDWIDTH="40TB" \
    -e STORAGE="500GB" \
    --mount type=bind,source="/home/jubau/storj/storagenode_keys",destination=/$
    --mount type=bind,source="/home/jubau/0storjnode",destination=/app/config \
    --name storagenode storjlabs/storagenode:beta

To                                    Action      From
--                                    ------      ----
<MYCUSTOMPORT>                        ALLOW       Anywhere

What’s wrong?

The custom port which is known on the network is closed at the moment.

You can create a support ticket on https://support.storj.io and provide a whole information, if you don’t want to share it on public.

It is open just when I start the docker SN, also if it is OFFLINE! Now my docker SN is stopped because it doesn’t work!!

Great! Could you please, show the docker logs --tail 40 storagenode?

my node got offline as well today after 10 days of work. verfied already WAN adress, port open and integrity of identify folder