QUIC Misconfigured in v1.67.1

checked on my node today after about a week and everything was okay.

10 minutes later the QUIC changes to “misconfigured” seemingly out of nowhere. I didn’t even restart the PC. All I did after checking it was go to a few webpages and check discord.

I noticed the “uptime” and “last contact” were identical when I first checked the node. They both said “144 hours”. I do not think last contact could have been 144 hours ago because my online percentage didn’t change. I don’t know if these are unrelated issue.

I have “both protocols” set up on my router.

Well this is not my case :slight_smile: I have tried everything (restarts, change router, recreate router rules, recreate nodes etc…). See here:

Wigo

3 posts were merged into an existing topic: Database disk image is malformed - Error coming from nowhere

Why don’t you all do a manual update to 1.67.3? It seems all the quick errors come from 1.67.1… so, manual update.

We rolling out new versions by waves to do not shutdown the network.
So please be patient, it will be updated when its time to come.

Don’t tell me to be pa… oh wait it came already.

1 Like

@Alexey

I stopped, removed, and then started the docker again…

Now it says I’m running 1.66.1.

But it fixed the QUIC misconfiguration!!!

There is a more quick fix:

1 Like

1.67.1 was pulled because of a bug, so this is nothing to worry about. You’ll get 1.67.3 soon.

1 Like

5 posts were merged into an existing topic: Node dashboard is showing as offline (Windows)

I am sorry but all is Ok with port 28967.

Hi there,
Since v1.67.3 is running, QUIC is back again with no changes in my network configuration!
Thanks to the StorJ team for fixing this issue.
Regards, atxjl :sweat_smile:

I have four nodes and two are showing QUIC as Misconfigured. I use Uptimerobot and no alarm. I also perform a page refresh every day or a few days.

Today I noticed that nodes with Version 1.67.3 and 1.67.1 have QUIC Misconfigured whereas the two nodes still on Version 1.66.1 have QUIC as OK.

It sounds like version 1.67.x has a bug.
Has anyone else seen this?

This has been talked about before - QUIC Misconfigured in v1.67.1

Ctrl+F5 in browser fixes dashboard display issue if no other problem exists.

Thanks, I had even rebooted but the recommendation worked.

Thanks again for the tip.

Whould be great if CTRL+F5 will double the income too :rofl:

2 Likes

I pressed F5 several times.

I have also stopped and restarted the container several times.

I’m still getting QUIC misconfigured sometimes. It does say 1.67.3 now though

It’s really like pulling a slot machine with the reload button or F5 on my browser. Sometimes it says okay, sometimes misconfigured. Usually online, but occassionally offline.

I now have red warnings for suspension and online…

@Alexey

If you have warnings on suspension score - you need to check your logs to figure out why your node failing audits,

the online score perhaps affected by node restarts, so you need to figure out what’s going on with your node, because right now it looks like unrelated to the bug QUIC Misconfigured in v1.67.1

I guess now is a good time to explain how the QUIC configuration check works starting from the release of v1.67.1.

We reimplemented how the QUIC check is done and that was introduced in this commit: storagenode: overhaul QUIC check implementation · storj/storj@59b37db · GitHub.
The commit message explains at high level, what was wrong and what we did to fix this.

The current implementation blocks the the startup until one or none
of the trusted satellites is able to reach the node via QUIC.
This can cause delayed startup. Also, the quic check is done
once during startup, and if there is a misconfiguration later,
snos would have to restart to node.

In this change, we reuse the contact service which pings the satellite
periodically for node checkin. During checkin the satellite tries
pinging the node back via both TCP and QUIC and reports both statuses.
WIth this, we are able to get a periodic update of the QUIC status
without restarting the node.

To be clear, it makes sense that a hard refresh changes the QUIC status. You don’t need to restart the node unlike before this change was introduced. We are reusing the contact service which periodically sends a checkin request to the satellite. The satellite then tries to ping back the node via both TCP and QUIC. If any of the satellites fails to ping back the node using QUIC, the dashboard will show the misconfigured status message which could also mean that your node was offline or checkin failed and will be retried or the UDP service port is actually misconfigured.

3 Likes

7 posts were merged into an existing topic: QUIC misconfigured and node status offline