Upgrade the HDD to a larger capacity HDD for Windows 10

Hello, friends.
I have a node STORJ installed for Windows 10 without using Docker on a 2TB HDD. I bought a new 6TB HDD and want to install it instead of the old one. How do I transfer data correctly so that everything works without problems? Is there a procedure?

Best regards, Alex

Hello @Vulcan
There is a procedure. The following link can be of great help to you.
https://documentation.storj.io/resources/faq/migrate-my-node
Cheers

2 Likes

You can just make additional node, and you will have 8TB insted of 2 or 6

2 Likes

Спасибо. А как это сделать в Windows? Есть ли какой-то мануал?
Thanks. How do I do this in Windows? Is there any manual?

Thank you janbs47 and Vadim. I’ve already found everything I need.

Mozhesh ispolzovat Toolbox, on ustanovit dopolnitelnyi node, no odin minus, obnovljat ego nado budet vru4nuju, v toolboxe, eto 1 nazhatie knopki.

Thank you. I’m going to try.

hi sir do you know the procedure for this?

Do you want to add node to windows GUI?

yes sir right not I have 4gb… what is the largest capacity of hard drive I can add?

what ever you want, you just make new windows gui node on PC for second HDD, get new indentity and new key for indentity

you mean i will make separate node?

Yess this is best option, but you can make it on same windows pc as first
You can use Toolbox abouth link, it can install aditional nodes to pc, for example i have 5-6 nodes per PC.

can you provide more details how to add more NODES using your toolbox GUi please?

i know this post is old but what did you end up doing?

i have similar issue,
i have c: drive with nothing in it, just windows.
then i have a single 2TB just for storj and i want to swap it for a 10TB,

surely i dont have to create the entire node again,
i can easily move the data on the 2tb into the 10 Tb but surely is not that simple. :slight_smile:

thanks.

It is almost that simple, if you use the documented procedure…

As you will have both drives on the same Windows PC your robocopy would be similar to:

robocopy d:\storagenode e:\storagenode /MIR
1 Like

Thanks, but this file is to migrate an entire node, im only upgrading hard drive,
for what i read I need to stop the service then i can move all the data across then edit the config.yalm file and start the service again, (probably just restart the machine)
i found this:

and i had a look at the config.yaml file and it states all my settings like where to look for data and how big the drive is,

@Alexey can you confirm this is right? i dont want to brake anything lol…
once im happy ill clone the C drive with acronis so if anything happens is up and running in a few minutes.

Thank you guys :slight_smile:

To be clear…
You have 1 drive for Windows and 1 x 2TB drive for StorJ?
You want to move StorJ from the 2TB drive to the 10TB drive?

Yeah!
i have enough hard drives to build a house lol,

so once my C drive (windows drive) is fully configured im going to clone it with acronis so if my C drive fails i can plug n play the backup drive in less than a minute (so my down time will be very low), now im not sure if anything changes on the C drive itself while data it’s been downloaded or uploaded. (can someone clarify? )
if data changes on C then ill have to do backups of my C drive.

and to keep it simple… yes i want to take this 2TB out and put this 10TB in.

So yes, this is the same procedure as I linked to, just with a local disk instead of network share.

Here is another thread with the same - How to migrate node to another disk

2 Likes