Win GUI Storj Node Toolbox

i see more than one person have the same problem,

Please, try to use an older version. Since you use a Toolbox, then you can download the older executable from the GitHub and place it to the folder for the second node.

It could be related to that bug:

На русском

Пожалуйста, попробуйте использовать предыдущую версию storagenode.
Так как вы используете Toolbox, то скачайте бинарник и положите в папку второго узла.

1 Like

Thanks, I change storagenode v1.10.1 to v1.9.5 and node2 service running correctly.

Please, try to update the binary from the master node.

На русском

Пожалуйста, попробуйте теперь обновить его из ведущего узла

1 Like

hi, i install and i have problem with 3 node…

2020-08-27T13:21:43.654+0200 INFO Configuration loaded {“Location”: “C:\Program Files\Storj2\Storage Node\config.yaml”}
2020-08-27T13:21:43.710+0200 INFO Operator email {“Address”: “xxxxxxxxxxx”}
2020-08-27T13:21:43.710+0200 INFO Operator wallet {“Address”: “xxxxxxx”}

2020-08-27T13:21:43.710+0200 FATAL Unrecoverable error {“error”: “Error starting master database on storagenode: group:\n— CreateFile R:\nodo3\blobs: The system cannot find the file specified.\n— CreateFile R:\nodo3\temp: The system cannot find the file specified.\n— CreateFile R:\nodo3\garbage: The system cannot find the file specified.\n— CreateFile R:\nodo3\trash: The system cannot find the file specified.”, “errorVerbose”: “Error starting master database on storagenode: group:\n— CreateFile R:\nodo3\blobs: The system cannot find the file specified.\n— CreateFile R:\nodo3\temp: The system cannot find the file specified.\n— CreateFile R:\nodo3\garbage: The system cannot find the file specified.\n— CreateFile R:\nodo3\trash: The system cannot find the file specified.\n\tmain.cmdRun:153\n\tstorj.io/private/process.cleanup.func1.4:353\n\tstorj . io/private/process.cleanup.func1:371\n\tgithub . com/spf13/cobra.(*Command).execute:840\n\tgithub . com /spf13/cobra.(*Command).ExecuteC:945\n\tgithub . com/spf13/cobra.(*Command).Execute:885\n\tstorj . io/private/process.ExecWithCustomConfig:88\n\tstorj . io/private/process.Exec:65\n\tmain.(*service).Execute.func1:66\n\tgolang.org/x/sync/errgroup.(*Group).Go.func1:57”}

can help me?

as i know on 1.10.1 some problem with db creation of file creation, so, try to copy from first node, older version 1.9.5 to new node and start node with this. after all working can update node to last version.

1 Like

i try but nothing… same error

so i need waith for update or same no?

done.

i write what happend.

i have now new version from master 1.11.1v and in the second node same.
i go to my folder install path node3 i deleted i put storagenode.exe normal to storagenodeOld.exe and i copy my old 1.9.5 (master node) to 3 node, and rename storagenode.exe
i go again to storj node toolbox and i put start, (all node1 and 2 v1.11.1 and 3 it 1.9.5) and start service, before only i put update from master and do v1.11.1 and work perfectly

I have problems with windows 10.

I want to format the windows 10 disk.

Toolbox works well? What is the latest version?

I have two nodes on the same pc. I would like to install them again on the same pc.

Don’t forget to backup your identities.

also please make shure you save indentities with propriate names, to not change them on windows reinstall.

I already have it working.

It seems to me that everything has gone well.

It took me a few hours to format, install windows, install storj.

I’m getting the following error when trying to start a brand new 2nd node. Main node is 1.14.7. Earlier solutions said to use 1.9.5. Is that still a viable solution? If so, what are the exact steps? I don’t see a newer version of the Storj Node Toolbox since July? Thanks

2020-10-26T14:07:34.895-0400 FATAL Unrecoverable error {“error”: “Error starting master database on storagenode: group:\n— CreateFile P:\blobs: The system cannot find the file specified.\n— CreateFile P:\temp: The system cannot find the file specified.\n— CreateFile P:\garbage: The system cannot find the file specified.\n— CreateFile P:\trash: The system cannot find the file specified.”, “errorVerbose”: “Error starting master database on storagenode: group:\n— CreateFile P:\blobs: The system cannot find the file specified.\n— CreateFile P:\temp: The system cannot find the file specified.\n— CreateFile P:\garbage: The system cannot find the file specified.\n— CreateFile P:\trash: The system cannot find the file specified.\n\tmain.cmdRun:153\n\tstorj.io/private/process.cleanup.func1.4:362\n\tstorj.io/private/process.cleanup.func1:380\n\tgithub.com/spf13/cobra.(*Command).execute:842\n\tgithub.com/spf13/cobra.(*Command).ExecuteC:950\n\tgithub.com/spf13/cobra.(*Command).Execute:887\n\tstorj.io/private/process.ExecWithCustomConfig:88\n\tstorj.io/private/process.Exec:65\n\tmain.(*service).Execute.func1:66\n\tgolang.org/x/sync/errgroup.(*Group).Go.func1:57”}

try to donload 1.9.5 version and start it, then updateto latest version, looks like bug not fixd

ok that worked - thanks. 1.9.5 wouldn’t start either but it did enough to create the folders. 1.14.7 running after that. thanks

There is no bug, there is now a feature: the storagenode create a full structure only during setup. It will not create a structure during run to prevent a disqualification because of disk disappearing or mounting to the other location.
So, you need to modify your code to support this.
FYI

storagenode.exe setup --help

this is perfect, great job! However we don’t have any instructions written or a video for how exactly to add new node/drive. Can you make a short one ?

4 Likes

4 posts were split to a new topic: A mi me interesa añadir mas nodos en mi pc

Hi, when I try to run the earning.py (and point it to the .db file) it opens a cmd and says

'C:\Users\denys\Desktop\storj' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.

Any fix?

This is my first time using your program, and I am struggling a bit. I first autodetected my existing GUI node (Node 1), and then tried installing a second node by filling out the info in the fields and clicking “install”. I have mounted the disk as a folder in C, and made sure I have opened the port for 28968 in firewall and router. This is a physical disk, not networked.

I get this error message in log

{“error”: “Error starting master database on storagenode: group:\n— CreateFile C:\2\STORJ\blobs: The system cannot find the file specified.\n— CreateFile C:\2\STORJ\temp: The system cannot find the file specified.\n— CreateFile C:\2\STORJ\garbage: The system cannot find the file specified.\n— CreateFile C:\2\STORJ\trash: The system cannot find the file specified.”, “errorVerbose”: “Error starting master database on storagenode: group:\n— CreateFile C:\2\STORJ\blobs: The system cannot find the file specified.\n— CreateFile C:\2\STORJ\temp: The system cannot find the file specified.\n— CreateFile C:\2\STORJ\garbage: The system cannot find the file specified.\n— CreateFile C:\2\STORJ\trash: The system cannot find the file specified.\n\tmain.cmdRun:162\n\tstorj.io/private/process.cleanup.func1.4:362\n\tstorj.io/private/process.cleanup.func1:380\n\tgithub.com/spf13/cobra.(*Command).execute:842\n\tgithub.com/spf13/cobra.(*Command).ExecuteC:950\n\tgithub.com/spf13/cobra.(*Command).Execute:887\n\tstorj.io/private/process.ExecWithCustomConfig:88\n\tstorj.io/private/process.Exec:65\n\tmain.(*service).Execute.func1:66\n\tgolang.org/x/sync/errgroup.(*Group).Go.func1:57”}

When I check inside the STORJ folder on my disk, nothing is installed there, it’s empty.

How do I fix this?