Zksync opted in, but payment still ether token?

Maybe I didn’t do everything I needed to do?
My nodes show zksync opted in.

My docker config has:
–operator.wallet-features=zksync

Did I need to do extra?

Payment came in yesterday on Ethereum.

Zksync is no longer supported. Use zksync-era

1 Like

(a simple search reveals…)

2 Likes

I see. Yea I saw something about that but was super confused if it was different.

Figured my node was showing opted in so it must be good. They should adjust the config for the next version so it stops making it look like it’s ok.

Do I just adjust the payout to:
“–operator.wallet-features=zksync-era” and use the same seed phrase on the era network?

I don’t use it myself, you may want to review the FAQ: SNO Payment mega-FAQ

Yes, you need to update the wallet feature to have zksync-era instead of zksync.
You may read how to configure your wallet to be able to connect to the zkSync Era network here:

https://review.dev.storj.io/c/storj/storj/+/14077

Thank you for the clarification.
I’ve tried a few exchanges and all seem to only support deposits of storj from Eth.

What third party exchanges support the era blockchain? (Not on chain exchanges)

I don’t think any CEX supports STORJ deposits via Era. Some support ETH deposits however, I think Bybit and Binance are two.

With Eth payments, Who pays the gas fee on my monthly payment?

Is that coming directly out of my earnings? I assume yes as that’s how crypto mining works but wondering if it doesn’t?

If I use the era network, what is the fee to swap onto the Eth network? Is that the same Eth gas fee?

If I’m selling storj monthly, trying to understand if any benefit to era network since I’m just swapping to Eth chain monthly anyway.

Storj pays: it’s just another monthly business expense to them.

They aren’t taking individual fees off of every single payment… but their expenses using L1 definately helps determine what our payout rates are. Like they know they still have to make money after paying $1.50/TBm and covering all their costs (which includes those ETH fees).

I can’t give you exact $-fees to use zksync-era. But I can say that every SNO I’ve discussed it with has ended up with less cash accepting payouts on era… because the fees to get it back to fiat were so high. Sending payouts direct to a L1 exchange address is the cheapest way to turn STORJ into $$$.

But era is good if you don’t intend to use the tokens: and just stare at your 3%-higher wallet balance.

I think it’s not so much the fees and rather the abysmal exchange rate when swapping to any other coin on L2. I used to transfer STORJ to Bitrefill on directly on L2. Last month I got only ~$22 for ~$34 worth of STORJ. So I switched back to L1 for this month.

When I check now it looks much better, if not normal. I’ll keep an eye on it towards the end of the month and might switch back to L2.

1 Like

Can’t I just move the storj from storj on era to storj token on eth via some sort of swap? Rather than selling on the era network?

It’s called “bridging”.

Edit: And here’s the direct link txSync

1 Like

Here is the guide:

1 Like

Thanks. That seems like the logical way to get back on Eth chain and avoid market price variations.

I do not know, does the txSync bridge allows to specify a different destination address from the address wallet, I think it should allow you to specify a destination address, but I do not have STORJ tokens on zkSync Era and cannot check.