I’ve updated the success rate script to include both canceled and failed as separate values. There are now percentages for both as well. I also fixed an issue where critical audit failures weren’t counted as such due to a change in terminology.
The updated script can be found here (For linux, windows version below)
The new output has a lot more info and looks like this
Please note this screenshot was made on a log from mostly the version prior to the update. This is why there are high amounts of failed transfers. After the update to 0.34.6 or later, failed transfers only occur if there was some sort of error. Not if a transfer was interrupted because enough piece were transfered.
The windows version was also updated by @Alexey and can be found here
The terminology used in these scripts is in line with the logs and is always from a customers perspective. This means that uploads are uploads to the network and ingress for your node. Similarly downloads are egress for your node.
I could add something, but the logging is less detailed for deletes. What would you like to see exactly? From what I can tell only “deleted” and “delete failed” can happen. I could add percentages as well.
Great job, my node just updated some hours ago, updated the script and also started logs in a new file (kept the old ones). Works on both nodes, good job. Will update the comparison thread once I have at least a day of data in. @BrightSilence - thanks as always!
Your’s perform a bit better (old data before update), think it’s as always my bad ADSL connection
I have this script I use for my monitoring system:
You run it every once in a while using cron or whatever, it counts up the various log entries and produces a json file with the results (successes, failures etc per satellite and total). It only uses the log entries that were created since the last time it was run. It runs on php 7, probably would run on different versions as well, I did not test it.
I don’t think this data would have priority. More important right now would be to add info on payouts and held back amount. After that, I would love it if they added it somewhere. But they would have to figure out a better way to store this information. Currently we crawl through logs to find it, which is far from ideal, but it’s all we have.
Success rates are interesting to know, but in many cases there is not much you can do about it and most SNOs would be fine never knowing them. This is more for us tinkerers who like to keep a closer eye on things.
I agree. This data is accessible in the logs, while the held actual amount etc is not, so I would prefer more information becoming accessible at all over making the same information a bit more accessible. Parsing the logs is annoying, but it still works.